Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 January 2011

forever friends

i might have mentioned once or twice that i'm packing up my flat just now as i want to get it on the market soon and move to a bigger place with a garden

people who have ever been to my flat, either here or in dundee will know that i am a champion hoarder. i have scraps of paper dating back years that meant something at some point but for the life of me i don't remember what but clearly it was important enough for me to keep so i should keep it... that or it's something i stuffed in my pocket cos i couldn't find a bin at the time then forgot about it for a while....

anyways, the point is i have a lot of crap which i hate to part with, it can bring me out in a cold sweat thinking about how i would feel if, years down the line, i want to look back at a particular thing and then realise i threw it out during a clean out

this pretty much drives roy insane, he's not one for material possessions and likes a tidy home which is pretty difficult with limited storage

i'm doing my best at the moment to throw out stuff i don't need. one of the things i've had for years is a shoe box full of photo's. every now and again i look through them and have a giggle then put them back in the box and put it back in the cupboard

in this day and age it's pretty daft having physical photo's in a shoe box when it's so easy to scan and store them digitally

so that's what i did. and by "i" i mean "roy". I chose the pictures i wanted and he spent a day scanning them onto his pc, transferring them to a usb pen and handing me over 100 digital photo's saved on this wee device for me to upload to my laptop. so that's what i was doing last night which is why i didn't right a blog

i have to admit i got quite sentimental (and a little emotional cos i'm a wimp) looking through pictures of my friends from dundee and the fun times we used to have and thought about how much i miss being able to see everyone every day

this made me think about my 5 odd years in glasgow and the fact that i don't have a social group at all anymore which is sucky but completely in my control so i'm planning on doing something about it this year. me and a lad from work are planning a staff bowling night at the end of the month which is a start

i used to love singing and being in shows when i lived in dundee, i used to rehearse 3 times a week for different shows but since moving here i've only had a handful of singing lessons. that's something on my list of things to change (although not officially on my 2011 list)

thing about me tho, i'm good at saying that i want to change then not doing anything about it so if you fancy a night in, or out, and want some random company please keep me in mind and keep an eye out for new old photo's being added to my facebook page x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.